Monday 13 July 2015

A LETTER TO MY LOVE, AND FOR MZEE OJWANG- By Lydia Ireri




Kenya Kenya Kenya
My love
I am convinced you love me
Committed to me
More than I your person does

But I have a question for you
My love

Kenya
When shall you learn to love
When the sun rise
My love Kenya?
When shall you stop sowing your last seed
In the dry seasons
My love?
When shall you discern
My season in time and act
If you so die to have a son with me?

I don’t want to blame you my love
I shall blame
Your Attitude
Ignorance
And Procrastination
Towards patriotism

Kenya my love
Train yourself to express your love
And your actions for love
While our passion still boils
My love
Wait not for my old age
When my face shall be gullied
And my tender romantic body
Shrank like a wasted chewing gum

My love
Let’s get pregnant in my tender age for our son
Re-birth our dead son
The spirit of Harambeism
While the sun still overhead

Look at him my love
A fallen Hero Mzee Ojwang
May his dear soul rest  in peace!
For his sun set long before dusk
The voice of the nation
Who needs roses not now
For his soul rested disturbed

Mzee cracked your ribs with laughter
My love
Healed a million wounded souls
They say laughter adds days
Mzee gave his life to a million
As he added days to live for billions
And died like a civilian
A patriot
Who died wandering at heart?

I speak for the voiceless
Because I am an artist
A poetess
The mirror and the voice
Of my blood and love
Kenya

No comments: